14.1.10

New start

It's January and before even thinking of what's gonna happen now, I can't stop but seeing all that happened so far. Like a giant slide show of all the last years' good moments. I've met awesome people like never before, travelled to wonderful places and fulfilled a few of my dreams. Such an overwhelming feeling!

There's still so much to come though!
A few days ago the girls and I came back from our road trip... A bit shorter than expected but nevertheless awesome. We had such a laugh all the way! Gosh! We were the five of us squeezed up in the car (some more than others) and couldn't stop laughing at so many silly jokes -whether they were understood or not... ahem. We also sang along good tunes and as far as I'm concerned, we owe one to Adam who's the best CD mixer of all time! I'm waiting on my mix from him as I am writing this.
Reaching the Orkneys was so rewarding because of the struggle we went through up North. The roads were so icy and snowy that we did feel for our lives a couple of times. But Karolina was here to co-pilot. "Go for it, go for it!!!!!!!!" "No, not that fast" "NOW, take some speed!!" "Go for it!!"
The hostel was modern, clean and cheap. I hear you say -ah! perfect then! Well it was cold as fuck! So no it's wasn't perfect. But we were on our own so we just made ourselves home pretty quickly.
The other place we made ourselves very comfortable in was the "local" pub. I don't think any words put together can summarize correctly our night there. There was some pool playing, some local Orkney boys -Stephen and David I believe-, a very friendly bartender, awesome birthday glasses that probably served a few Vikings back in the day, a nap, half a dozen of nipples showed, tears, hugs, and of course loads of alcohol!
I probably shouldn't talk about how after getting so ready for the boat to the Shetlands we were announced that it was stuck in Aberdeen, and how we then were too tired to order-a-second-drink-at-the-pub-so-we-could-drown-our-sorrow-into-the-alcohol. Bahh... never mind!
But now it's on to a next adventure: second semester of uni ...don't know if I will enjoy this one as much as the previous one. Will keep you posted ;)

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment